Tuesday 3 July 2012

Simply scored

Today, I decided to play with the Simply Scored tool.  I knew when I saw it in the catalogue, it was one of those things that I just had to have!!!  But when I got it, the excitement had died down a little... I thought, OK, I can score envelopes and boxes, but what else can I do with it?  I don't know about you, but I also found that scoring was sometimes a little hard... it didn't score smoothly on some cardstock. 

I set out to find a solution and after much fiddling, I came up with the idea of waxed lunch paper.  I cut enough to envelope my cardstock inside it, and then started scoring on top of the waxpaper... it turned out perfectly and it made it so easy. The stylus just glided over the cardstock.   I hope that little tip will help you as well.

OK, enough of the chatter,  this card is the result of my playing with the simply scored.  I created a background with a few score lines, then got the black cardstock and scored it to resemble corrogated iron (should have used grey though). 


oops... just realised that I haven't added a sentiment..... stay tuned!! 

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! Also love your tip about the waxed paper! I can see I am going to have to get busy creating to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Maggie - love it......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Tip Maggie, haven't bought the simply scored yet so I'll keep it in mind when I do, and I love the card.

    ReplyDelete